Just follow the steps as below –
- Make your sure hosting has enough memory as detailed in the next section.
- You must have a fresh WordPress installation with no existing pages / posts or media. If not, please reset your site.
- Install necessary plugins such as Visual Composer, Ultimate Addons, etc.
- Install the provided theme in the freebies & activate it.
- Import XML demo data provided in the freebies. This would take several minutes as our demo site is considerably large. Try not refresh the page or close the browser.
- Set an appropriate Menu
- Set the home page of your choice
Done! Your site should be almost like ours demo site
Below are the ideal memory related settings should you wish to import large sized XML data into your WordPress site. –
php.ini settings –
- max_execution_time = 600
- memory_limit = 256M
- post_max_size = 64M
- upload_max_filesize = 64M
wp-config.php settings –
- define( ‘WP_MEMORY_LIMIT’, ‘256M’ );
- define( ‘WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT’, ‘512M’ );
If you don’t know what is this and how to implement it, please request your hosting provider for above setting and they should get this done for you pretty quickly.
How to reset your WordPress site
Install this plugin – https://wordpress.org/plugins/wordpress-reset/
Go to Tools -> Reset and reset the site
How to install the theme –
How to import Sample .XML Data –
How to create / set / manage menus –
How to set home page – https://wordpress.tv/2009/01/13/creating-a-static-front-page-for-your-blog/