If copy() function is disabled on your hosting server, it will return “Error on unzipping package” message, when you try to update the plugin.
To resolve this –
- Remove the copy string from the disable_functions at php.ini file on your server.
- Or simply, ask your hosting provider to remove the string above if you don’t have an access to the php.ini* file
Meanwhile, you can simply re install the latest version of the plugin manually by following steps as below –
- Download the latest version of Ultimate Addons from CodeCanyon.net
- Deactivate current version of Ultimate Addons that’s installed on your setup then delete it. Don’t worry – nothing will be lost.
- Install the latest version that you downloaded in Step 1 on your setup as any other WordPress plugin. (Video Tutorial)